It really is thought that Banoffee Pie Recipe was made by Ian Dowding and Nigel Mackenzie in 1972. Over time banoffee pie became more and more popular and is now served all over the world.
Mackenzie owned a restaurant in East Sussex, England referred to as Hungry Monk and Dowding was the chef. Dowding apparently thought of the idea after looking at an American dish called "Blum's Coffee Toffee Pie" which contains smooth toffee topped with coffee flavoured cream. According to Dowding though, this recipe rarely worked - it either didn't set properly or dried "like concrete".
Together they adapted the concept to toffee and bananas making up the word "banoffi", which has now turned into "banoffee" and it is now area of the English language utilized to describe something that tastes of banana and toffee. So they really added the newest Banoffee Pie with their menu and found it became very popular that diners would actually request table bookings only when this kind of dessert was around the menu. Actually, it became so popular which they simply couldn't take it out of the menu.
Right after years or so Dowding states that other local restaurants began to add it to their menu, and then they started to hear rumours how the dessert was being sold in restaurants around australia and America. In addition, it became highly popular in India throughout the late 1970's, probably as a result of young backpackers who enlightened the locals using this dish.)
Below is a fantastic Recipes to make your own personal
3 large bananas
300g biscuits (digestive biscuits are fine)
350ml double cream
1 tbsp icing sugar
100g chocolates (to embellish)
397g tin of caramel
1. Melt the butter inside a pan. Whilst the butter melts crush the oaty biscuits (utilizing a blender could be perfect, otherwise a plastic bag and rolling pin would get the job done nicely). Preheat the oven to 180C or gas mark 4. Inside a bowl mix the crushed biscuits with all the butter.
2. Transfer the biscuit / butter mixture in to a 20-25cm flat round tin and press into a much layer.
3. Devote the oven and enable in order to smoke for 10 minutes. Look into the mixture has lightly toasted, when it hasn't give it a few more minutes.When you're happy take the base out your oven and allow it to cool. Once cool, carefully transfer the beds base to some plate.
4. When the is made of cool, pour on the caramel evenly and place inside the refrigerator for An hour.
5. Once chilled, slice the bananas and put them on the caramel.
6. Place the chocolate in the microwave to melt, even though it's melting whip the cream with the icing sugar until thick and spread on the bananas.
7. Finally, carefully pour the decorating chocolate on the Dessert Recipes and serve.